Biodegradble.ie is part of Polybags.co.uk - our parent website and the UK's largest manufacturer of polythene packaging products and eco-friendly alternatives.
This website was established to offer Irish customers a huge range of environmentally-friendly packaging products, with big savings to be made for those who buy in bulk.
Polybags manufactures and stocks a huge range of eco-packaging, along with traditional polythene and polypropylene products. Most of our range can be custom-made and printed with your own logo or design to provide a personalised, professional product.
Biodegradable plastic knowledge
Biodegradable packaging designed by University of the Arts graduate student, Andrew Millar
Between the paper bag, the burger paper wrap, the cup with the plastic top and straw, the napkins, the condiments leftovers and the British fry cartons there is a bunch of trash to dispose of. That is only from one meal. Now take into record how plenty people eat from McDonald’s daily and add up their trash with yours. That is a lot of trash ending up in the landfills. That doesn’t even include the energy used to make the packaging or the carbon footprint left from processing the food and so on. The superb news is that Andrew Millar has designed a biodegradable packaging view for McDonald’s. The biodegradable packaging is manufactured from pulped and grass paper, “which has naturally grease-resistant properties”. The cool thing about the packaging is that it folds out into a tray of sorts. Miller came up with the view after observing how people use their fast food packaging. I’ve done that. I rarely eat at fast food restaurants, nevertheless when I do I use my bag as a plate/tray. Then when I’ve finished my meal I feel guilty about all I stop up throwing away in the trash and about what I put in my body. If McDonald’s and Andrew Millar ever make a offer to use this packaging material it may relieve a few of this guilt (probably not) and, if none else, provide another environmentally friendly substitute to a fast food restaurant already taking steps to proceed green, at least that’s what they say. According to the McDonald’s website, McDonald’s has been taking green steps for above 30 year by doing such things as taking energy conservation measures utilising packaging manufactured of recycled material etc. Can you imagine the positive environmental impact that would come to light if all fast food chains took greener steps?
Biodegradable Packaging Market Is Anticipated To Witness Significant Growth as Demand Escalate 2026
Chapter 4 : Presenting Global Biodegradable Packaging Market by regions, market share and with revenue and sales for the projected period.
Looking further to the future, the business is also investigating grass land as a substitute raw material to wood, in a bid to ensure a future resource and negate carbon emissions. Garner added: It's an incredibly exciting time for the packaging industry as we continue to innovate and evolve in line with the dual challenge of rising e-commerce and environmental concerns. Clearly though, while the selection for fully compostable packaging is an apparant one, the plan of delivery is inherently complex which requires further innovation, greater commercial buy-in from all industries and a change in mind-set. Yes it's a long road ahead nevertheless by working together we can see to realise a brighter, more sustainable industry for all.
How are Biodegradable Plastics Made?
Corn-starch being one of the leading components in the biodegradable plastic products, there must be water to ensure proper and timely decomposition of the biodegradable plastics. It means rain could facilitate its decomposition. But what if there is no rain? It could develop into a leading problem managing these wastes at such times.
Biodegradable bags for biological wastes 350x420. Code: SNBIO350
Bio-shoppers and biodegradable bags for biological wastes brochure ( PDF, 1.5MB)
STOCK OXO-DEGRADABLE BAGS
Stock Oxo- Degradable Bags
Single use plastics are minimised by utilising stainless steel straws, starch bags, paper coffee cups and take away containers
Huge spectrum of reusable & eco-friendly bags Ethically-sourced alternatives to plastic bags Add your company emblem for a unique statement & healthier planet
Tag: Green Packaging Market
The Green Packaging Market research report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global Green Packaging industry for our telephone The report enlists several necessary factours, starting from the basics to advanced market intelligence which play a crucial part in strategising.
Harris Farm Markets will not be offering paid-for plastic bags at its registers for clients nevertheless will provide complimentary carton boxes. The supermarket will also offer complimentary paper bags for a transitional period and will sell environmental bags.
Here are some of the main product categories that Polybags can offer:
- Biodegradable and compostable polythene packaging alternatives - from carrier bags to mailing bags and waste sacks to packing bags - allow people to get the job done whilst reducing the impact on the environment.
- Waste bags and sacks
- This massive range of bin bags caters for every waste disposal need. It includes traditional bin liners, black sacks, extra strong waste sacks and builders' rubble bags, plus printed recycling bags, specialist waste sacks and biodegradable refuse sacks.
- Mailing bags
- Strong, lightweight and waterproof alternatives to traditional paper envelopes and parcel packaging. Suitable for traditional post or courier transport, mailing bags are available in a range of styles to suit the product, or print your own design to really make an impression with customers.
- Display bags
- Retailers can improve their product presentation with this range of crystal-clear polypropylene bags that add sparkle to any product. Polypropylene is stronger, clearer and cheaper than cellophane, so is the perfect choice for retail displays.
- Clear polythene bags
- Plain polythene bags come in a huge range of sizes and thicknesses to serve a multitude of purposes, from storing small items to packing furniture, paintings or other large items in storage or transit.
- Grip and zip seal bags
- Resealable bags that open and close with either a squeeze-shut grip seal or a zip-style fastener that runs along the length of the bag opening. Handy for storing small- to medium-sized items and protecting them from dust, dirt or moisture.
- Carrier bags
- The world's most popular type of polythene bag and a must-have for retailers everywhere, the carrier bag provides a handy way for customers to transport their purchased products from the shop to their car, home or workplace.
- Polythene rolls
- Polythene film, tubing and plastic sheeting sold on the roll caters for a huge range of tasks, from packing products of all shapes and sizes to protecting large surface areas and items of furniture from dust or debris during building, painting or decorating.
- Bubble packaging
- Bubble-lined polythene film, commonly known as bubble wrap, provides air-cushioned protection for fragile or delicate items, whilst bubble bags are handy protective bags made from bubble wrap.
- Garment covers
- These thin polythene covers, shaped to fit neatly over a coat hanger, are used to protect clothing in storage or transit, making them a popular choice with dry cleaners everywhere.
- Specialist bags
- Polybags stock a wide range of polythene products catering for very specific needs, from film-front display bags to vacuum pouch bags for food, plus a range of specialist waste sacks to help dispose of asbestos, clinical waste and a variety of recyclable products.
- Packing accessories
- A range of packaging accessories to cater for transporting or delivering a variety of products, including stretch wrap, packing tape, bag clips, sack ties, sealing machines, box labels, pallet strapping and much more.